View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face yes, Thanks Jo.

I found the firmware upgrades...ours is 1 yr old, and a v6. It has 3 upgrades.

My son had an out of town guest all weekend and couldn't come here.
He is going to try next weekend. He read the updates, and said he better do
them.

He also found us a LinkSys one on Amazon, that we will probably buy if we
cannot configure this one properly. The 1:1 ratio of 5 star:1star he says he thinks this happens due to factory manufacturing errors. The LinkSys one
has ratio of 2:1 in favor of 5 star. He said that when doing those downloads, you have to be careful and save settings etc. So he offered to do it.
He is giving me 512 more RAM and a new bigger harddrive if he can find a good price on the latter for Xmas. We have 60gig, and he doesn't like the noises it is making, so he wants to replace it before it dies.

I don't think I have a virus/trojan anymore. That was a possibility. So I am relieved at that.

Tomorrow my hubby will power up the dreaded Gov't thing and I will lose my desktop again. So I am practicing my typing on the laptop, upstairs that does run on the wifi okay. It is certainly FASTER on EBay I have to admit however.

That router language is worse than medico speak IMO... It totally flummoxes, me. I have to read it about 20 times to make sense of it.

But slowly we are getting there. Having a hardware thing that only works "sometimes" is confusing. You'd expect it to fail totally but I guess routers are not like other hardware? <shrugs>

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote