Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Unhappy this was so touching

Dear Highhatsize,

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhatsize View Post
I was so glad when he gave expression to the embarrassment that he felt in disposing wholesalely of items of great value for virtually nothing. Furthermore, items in which my girlfriend took great pride in possessing. But there was no choice. Every time we got sidetracked into looking through something of hers, we lost time. [...] the flat must be cleaned and ready for reoccupancy [...] It was reassuring to know that someone else who loved her was feeling the same pangs of guilt that I was myself in rushing to clear out the evidence of a life.
I was really touched by this. It must have been heartbreaking. But at least, the way that you did things, even if "wholesalely," was organized enough to find good homes for many of her things... to those who are needy. Sounds like she would approve of that! She no longer needs those things, after all.

I do wish you had had more time to sift through her things and spend some reminiscence time in that way. Perhaps you needed her things... a little longer than she did.

At least, by now, i hope you are feeling some relief about the task as it is behind you? I'm glad her brother came to help.

Hang in there. Keep posting. We're here.

~ waves ~