View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just began Opana and Lyrica

Hi just wanted to post that my pain management dr. just in desperation after a shocking month of level 9 pain put first- me on- the fentynal patch-50 mg. no relief- I had percocet for breakthrough. nothing. at this time I was continuing my neuortin ive been on 1800 mg for 3 years. then since I had no relief from the fentynal patch which was replacing 40 mg of oxcycontin twice a day with percocet for breakthrough- my dr put me on Opana er and Lyrica.
I am not suffering for the first time in 6 weeks. My pain is down to a 4. That is a number I have not seen since the coma or immediatly following my booster infusion. Im so excited. I have had no side effects except increased appetite and since I had no appetite for now that is not a problem. but it is a big dose. 40mg OPana er twice a day with percocet for break through. I did not ahve to take the percocet the first two day- that has never happened before. I usally take all 4 that are allowed. And the Lyrica controlled my burning for the first time. my dose on the lyrica is 150 mg twice a day.
Just wanted to post this information in case someone else was suffering as i was. this is the least pain I have been in in some time-- there is hope.CZ
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote