View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:25 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

As usual, my plate is empty - but my husband's plate is overflowing.

Our home looks like a disaster area, and our son will be home on Wednesday. My husband was planning to spend the day yesterday cleaning up the house and preparing our son's room. But we got 9 inches of snow yesterday. He spent the entire day shoveling - snowblower broke. He came into the house huffing and puffing, only to find our dishwasher is broken too. I worry about his heart.

The cherry on top for him was a call from my MIL. His favorite Aunt passed away yesterday in Arizona. She broke her shoulder, but the hospital had trouble setting it - so they sent her HOME (she lived alone). Her daughter flew in to stay with her, managed to get her settled into bed, but she never woke up. She was like a mom to my husband, so he needs to go to the funeral. We're not sure when it is because an autopsy has to be performed first. It will be my first Christmas in 17 years without my husband at my side - but I understand why he needs to be there.

It's going to be a little scary around here without him because I'm not good a fending for myself these days - most I can do is sit up. Our son will be here, but his schedule is full - a lot of friends want to see him too. I don't want him spending his leave caring for me because I don't want him to know how bad it is. He's already too worried about me, and I need him to stay focused on his work. Plus, he has a 50/50 chance of inheriting this disease. I need to be strong for him to show him he can handle living with this disease too, just in case.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote