Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressurehead View Post
P.S. Has anyone ever had their doctor tell them that "there is nothing wrong with your head, physically," and basically imply that you are making up the symptoms? I don't see this as being very professional.
I'm super lucky with the Neurologist the ER assigned me to for after care. She TOTALLY gets it. I'm also lucky(?) in that my brain injury shows on a MRI- so there is no doubt that it's there.

If you're not getting support from your current doctor- I suggest you go elsewhere and keep searching until you find one that will take care of you.

I'm one of the lucky ones that can still work and be productive. I'm not saying that it's always rainbows and unicorns, because it's not. I have days that I get lost on my own floor because I'm in such a confused state. Most of my job involves writing, which is a good thing because I don't have to think off the top of my head.

I must give a big shout out for spellcheck and thesaurus!

I'm also lucky in that I am able to do my job from home 3 days a week. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to go into the office every day. I don't think I could do it.

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote