Thread: Possible TOS?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

Shelley & Jo55, thank you so much!

I am going to do more research on both conditions. I will do as said and not state that I have found all this on the internet but rather that someone suggested this to me. I know how doctors can be.

I just hope my Doctor really takes this into consideration and doesn't just insist it's a muscle strain again. I wasn't doing anything strenuous at the time this all happened, I was on the computer. I know the computer can cause a lot of these syndromes because of the constant pressure on the neck and muscles.

Although I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease in my cervical spine, I somehow do not feel this constant ache/pain in my chest, armpit and arm are directly related to that. I honestly think it has just coincided with something else. (Such as TOS or Pec Minor Syndrome.)

Another thing I remembered was that the other night I woke up during the night to my left hand and part of my arm feeling completely asleep. I mean, way more than normally expected if you fall asleep on your arm for a long period of time, it just was not the same feeling and it took way longer to get it back to normal.

I did read up on Pec Minor Syndrome but I'm just confused about one thing, if that is in fact what I have, then would I still get pains in my chest more towards the center? (pectoralis major?) Because that is where most of my "chest pain" is... but the aching is more towards the left (pec minor) and armpit.

At this point, I just want to know what it is, I want a clear diagnosis because at this point I just want something definite to go by. I'm tired of the run around and Dr's thinking it's just a muscle strain.
Missa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote