View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Doydie,

I can relate to your being down for the Christmas season but I firmly believe that the season is what we make of it. If you want to give gifts to people, go ahead. Most of the fun is in the giving anyway. Heck! Ask your husband for just one thing this year and tell him you really want it.

Don't worry about your siblings. When you get to a certain age our siblings don't have the influence they used to. I would stop paying attention to the one sibling who wants you all to do what they don't do themselves. You know if they don't buy a simple gift they're NOT going to give money to a charity.

I try each year to make the most of the season. It's the reason I start growing a beard and long hair for the eight months prior to Christmas. I love to see the look on children's faces in the grocery store when they see me. They just light up and tell their parents, "Mommy, there's Santa!" What a great feeling that gives me to spend some time with them and talk. They will remember our encounter for the rest of their lives.

So this year, DECIDE to enjoy the season. You do have some control over how you act and react to any situation. Exercise your power and work on getting into the spirit. I know you can do it!

Dx'd 12/00 w/RRMS
Dx'd 05/01 w/SPMS
03/05 Rescinded MS Dx Neuro thinks something else
03/06 New Dx of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP)
Rare deteriorating motor neuron disease. No cure. No Treatments.
Only 20,000 Dx'd patients in US
HSPCraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote