View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Missa,

A couple of things.

skelaxin did not do much for me. the good thing about it is that it is non dowsy. Flexeril works better for me. For some reason it works better for women. I learned this from the fibro doc. There was one other muscle relaxer that worked well , I will try to find out the name of it.

In terms of pain relief, I use ultram er but check the TOS board there are a couple of different pain relivers.

You also might want to ask the doc for an antininflammatory. I have used both celebrex and Mobic.

I have mild cervical neck problems at C5/6 but the TOS is more for me caused by these muscle spasms and bad posture and long computer work.

Make sure you get your workstation adjusted properly. Your palce of work has to do it legally if you ask or have a docs note.

I would wake up too and my whole arm would be numb. Its compression of the nerve ad how you are laying. Try to use a lot of pillows to prop you up as well as arms.

Typically the ache under yoru arm could be the nerve bundle if inflammed because it passes under there. But it could also be your lat dorsi mucle which attaches there. It could be that all the muscles are tightening up.

Be careful to make sure that all your back muscles are not spasming up. Tight muscles make everything worse.

Try soaking in some epsom salts. And at nighttime what helped me was taking slo-mag a calcium/magnesium supplement. It helps muscle spasms. And I also added sea salt (1/8 teaspoon) to water or tea in the morning. Believe it or not it helped the mucsle spasms for me.

And be careful of the PT. Ask them if they know TOS. No strenghtening.

If you PM me your email address I have a copy of the Sharon butler book I can send you. Try to slowly introduce the stretches.

Be patient on the diagnosis, its not an easy one to get because not all docs agree. Take a look at our doc list and see if anyone is close to you.

watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote