Thread: Possible TOS?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Indomethacin is an anti-inflammatory. As far as pain, the anti-inflammatory actually works well but again, only lasts a couple hours. Dr. said I couldn't take anything on top of it for pain because the medicine itself is so strong. Regardless though, I am going to tell my Neurologist all of this and maybe he'll put me on something else.

I did look at the Dr's list. I am in New York, about an hour north of New York City and about an hour to an hour and a half from Albany. I think I saw Dr's listed for both those areas, so I will have to look into that. However, I would like to see what my Neurologist view is on this before I go and consult with another Doctor. It's only fair to give him a chance in helping me. If after tomorrow, I feel as though he is brushing me off, I will definitely seek other advice.

The thing about using a lot of pillows is that I was instructed not to due to my Degenerative Disc Disease in the neck. They said it would only make it worse. So I'm not sure what to do there.

I am going to see about getting in with my physical therapist tomorrow (forgot to make the appt last week when I was there -oops!) after I see the Neurologist. This way, whatever the Neurologist says (if he thinks it is TOS or not) I will know what to tell the Physical Therapist. If she feels she doesn't know enough of it to properly treat me, well then, I guess I'll have to find another PT! I know that as of right now I am getting Traction treatment to stretch my neck and relieve some pressure on my cervical spine. As far as that, last week was my first appt and she did a little traction along with massaging my left shoulder/upper back area and neck.

As far as muscle relaxers, my step-mother actually uses that because she has a herniated disc in her neck and she said it helps a lot. I've been told by a lot of people that it works well. I'll have to add it to the list of things to ask/mention to my Neuro!

Thanks so much for your info! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!!
Missa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote