View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy aww sory..

Hi there..
That is spread just as it was last time.. more likely it's been there all along and it tones back till it has reason to flare up again.. keep it elevated as much as possible when flairing but also use it as normaly as possible.

I have the same thing happen with my arm too.. some days it is realy bad then when I overuse it or bump it.. then later it calms back down after a bit, I take vitimin C for this now.. and of cource antioxadent teas to combat the swelling and it works for me mostly.

Your physiotherapist is only partly right, it is a protective mechanisim but certainly not a psychological one that is under Ali's controll.. it is the bodys way of protecting from what it considers a gross injury, inflamation to imobalise the area it see's as being injured and the same with the pain.

But once it's been in an area RSD may return with very slight injury or even strain or overuse (as is usualy my case) bringing it back for a visit. You both know it can be toned back so don't panic (easy to say aye) and do the exercises you know helped before.. elevate lots and antioxadents..

And remember there are many ways a hand can freeze up not just in a fist.. try to keep it moving throughout the day and try not to protect it too much as this does lead to further contraction. ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

I think I would bring in some articals that say CRPS is not a psychological one, (there are plenty of them) it must be damaging to Ali to know that one of her team feels that way.

Your both in my thoughts I wish there was some way to make this flair easier and quicker.. just remember it toned down before it will do so again and think on what may have helped it go into remission last time
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote