View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had my ACDF at C6/7 on Dec. 13th. No problems whatsoever. I hadn't been having a lot of pain prior to surgery (thanks to the ESIs, but no clue when they'd wera off). So I went ahead with surgery. It took approximately 3 hours because once my OSS was in there, he discovered a bunch of scar tissue, indicating this is an old injury and not a new one - a surprise to all of us. So he roto-rootered out the scar tissue, removed the disc and put the donor bone in, and finished with the titanium plate.

I spent the night in the hospital (good thing) and was glad for that - the most pain I had, I had immediately afterward. It was basically a stead stream of Dilaudid and Valium. I was discharged with Lortabs and Flexerils which seem to do the trick pretty well (although they only gave me 40 of each, so I'll be calling for refills by this weekend).

More than anything I have slept. Slept, slept, slept. Like a rock. Apparently I needed it. My pain level is manageable, it's not terrible by any means. I am very glad I had this surgery done and am looking forward to moving on with my life!
Kelly
Redhotbeads is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote