View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It took 9 years for me to get diagnosised with Graves Disease. I even went to a mental health therapist about half way though it all for my "panic attacks" which were actually thyroid storms. It wasn't until I was falling and turning blue that I was "told" something was wrong.
A couple of years ago I started getting extremely tired/grouchy/fuzzy-headed, I had my thyroid levels checked and they were okay. After what I went through years earlier I wasn't about to try to explain how bad I felt. I couldn't stand to see "that she's neurotic look" on a doctor's face again. Well, I have two brain aneursyms and those are symptoms. Okay, the chances of these vague symptoms ending up to be aneursyms are very low and you know the chance of me complaining leading to them being found are even lower. They were found during an MRI ordered for facial drooping. It's just sad when you get emotionally worn down trying to get diagnosised and treated to the point you just give up. So don't let them wear you down. .
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote