View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 AM

Location: Where the 40'N parallel and the US-31 meridian meet
15 yr Member

Location: Where the 40'N parallel and the US-31 meridian meet
15 yr Member

Thank you, especially ellie, for the help.

Lyme has been ruled out by everything short of spinal tap analysis. (We've run all the antibodies, and done blood culture and PCR bacterial genetic analysis.)

I'll check out those other fungal infections you have mentioned. As a (former!) neuroscience research assistant myself, it's a little embarrassing I didn't know that a couple of those fungi could get into the CNS! =D

Also, I'm scheduled for a visit in a few weeks at the Indiana University Hospital's neuro-infection clinic... and I'm on the waitlist for an appointment at the Mayo Clinic. My neurologist is a great guy who wants to see me get better, and has written good referrals for me.

Neuro issues: Peripheral (1999-) and brain (2002-) neuropathies w/parkinsonian syndrome, chronic infection w/fever (2001-, fevers became daily in 2006), major depression (1993-), neuropsychiatric bipolar disorder (2005-)

Other: Marfan-like disorder (congenital), VSD (congenital, fixed 1984), Existence (1983-)
MaracaSalesman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote