View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pono

Good Morning Pono: I wanted to say thank you for your post and and links you put up. This information was very useful for me in writing up my assessment plan.

I to fly off the handle and lose my temper in a heart beat and it's usually over little things, like not being able to put a screw in the wall to hang a pitcher and it greaves me deeply when I hurt someone I love and care about.

I don't intentially go out of my way to harm people with my foul langauge, bad temper and being irritable that's not me, it's one of the personality changes caused by the TBI/PCS disorder.

Learning to manage these out burst of anger in a positive constructive way.
Taking a 15 minute time out is helping, keeping the stress out of my life is helpful, side stepping an issue is helpful until I can deal with it, being conscious of the fact that this is a behavior issue is helpful and letting people I know that this is part of the TBI dis order is helpful. Acceptance in this matter is a two way street.

Another tool I use to manage the TBI/PCS is to get out of the house every day and try to inter react with people and keep my brain engaging in communicating with other people.

Sometime I freeze up, no words or thoughts will come out, sometime my brain just flat lines and sometime I repeat myself 3-4 times or my words or slurred or I lose my train of thought in the middle of a sentence. No fun, so when this happens I back up and correct myself. I simplely have to re train my brain to communicate.

I have a mental dis order right now so I have to learn or re learn how to think and communicate.

Pono you have a lot tougher road to hoe then I do, Thank you for taking the time to share. It's been very helpful to me.

Take Care Jeffn

PS and yes I say stupid stuff sometimes O well
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote