Thread: New member...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've never thought about a marage counselor. She is very willing to talk right now, as long as it's about my problems. I'm a reader, sometimes I get into a good book and read for several hours. She has decided that I'm depressed because I read so much. In fact I just love to read. She got on this kick year before last and told out new family Dr. this and the next thing I knew he was doing a depression eval and asking me all the standard questions, doing a complete work up. Started writeing me scripts for several meds, antidepresants, and telling me that one in particular would realy help my sex life ect. That's when I snaped and asked him what the deal was. I had to find a Dr. because of that.

She's told me about these episodes before when she starts saying things she dosen't realy mean, but it's like someone else is saying them and she can't stop even though she knows it's not right.

She knows there is a problem. It's that she's smart enough to keep the pertanant info from the Dr. Our family M.D. was her choice to talk to when she had a bad spell last year and did some things that just about ran me off. He had her answer the question sheet for BP. He said if she had answered one more question correctly it would have been a positive enough responce for him to say "Yes" you are Bipolar. Well I know she read these questions and did this of a purpose. She told me once that some one in the family was "crazy" and wanted me to know she was afraid to talk to a therapst because "what if I'm realy crazy?"
I mean what do you say?
When she starts rapid cycling it can be un-nerving to see her be so sweet and loveing and turn around and in the same breath trun into the wicked witch of the west. She has no friends because of me? She's taking an antidepresant plus Adderall because of one Dr. she told about sleeping all the time. Diagnosed her with ADD and chronic fatigue to justify it. So now most of the time she's hypomanic (sp?) until the holidays roll around.

My self, chronic pain issues? You bet, been there done that. They have on Methadone therapy. The best thing that has happened in a while. Takes care of the pain but does not put me down all wall eyed and goofy. In fact just the oposite, I'm able to enjoy doing things I had given up on not to long ago. Not a cure but much better than thinking about calling ol'Dr. Kavorkian if ya know what I mean.