View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutro View Post
I She's taking an antidepresant plus Adderall because of one Dr. she told about sleeping all the time. Diagnosed her with ADD and chronic fatigue to justify it. So now most of the time she's hypomanic (sp?) until the holidays roll around.

My self, chronic pain issues? You bet, been there done that. They have on Methadone therapy. The best thing that has happened in a while. Takes care of the pain but does not put me down all wall eyed and goofy. In fact just the oposite, I'm able to enjoy doing things I had given up on not to long ago. Not a cure but much better than thinking about calling ol'Dr. Kavorkian if ya know what I mean.
Hi,
Welcome.
That's good that your need for pain meds is being met. I hope that you continue to feel that you are on the right side of the pain.

Your wife's dr is an idiot. The dr himself dx'd her as borderline BP and then puts her on an anti-depressant???!!!! Jerk. And the ritalin should not be given until the other meds are helping the patient be stable.

BP is not about being crazy --- those are other diagnoses. BP is about having difficulties with mood. Maybe it would help your wife to see it like that. I would not agree to go to marriage counseling unless she went to a pyschiatrist for a complete evaluation. And I might insist that I got to talk to the pyschaitrist too.
If, god forbid, she had a physical condition that she was ignoring and that was making your lives miserable, would that be acceptable????
She needs to take responsibility.

Google The National Alliance on Mental Illness for lots of information for family members like you. They even have meetings in towns all over the country to provide info and support.

Good luck.
M.