Thread: Possible TOS?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Missa,

I see this issue has been touched upon by Tam, but can't tell if you have been X-Rayed for Cervical Ribs.

Also, the EMG and SSEP results certainly can vary depending upon the throughness of the tests. I believe the results can also vary over time if there is a progression of scar tissue for example.

Your frustration is totally understandable, many of us has been through this stuff. It is difficult to not know what is going on. When physicians don't seem to take you seriously, that is very upsetting indeed.

Sometimes however, you ARE being taken seriously, but Docs don't like to jump to the TOS conclusion right away. If you are being referred for nerve or circulation testing, for example, the physician may have a suspicion, but wants some test results before they feel comfortable discussing a relatively unusual diagnosis.

A Thoracic/Cardiovascular Surgeon is also a good choice for a diagnostician. Personally, I much prefer them over Orthos, who often seem to be primarily interested in sports injuries.

Hang in there, you will want to be sure your symptoms are not the result of other issues, which can be very serious.

Docs who hear hoofbeats are looking for horses and TOS is a Zebra. You will find it is not unusual to go thru 10 or more physicians before everything is straightened out.

I do hope you find some answers soon, as you will need to be treated for depression as well as pain...(the sooner the better, No?).

Warmly,
Anne
Bi-Coastal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote