Thread: complete newbie
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Laura! I've been away from this board for a long time and am surprised by the lack of activity. I guess everyone is wrapped up in holiday stuff. I should be more than I am.

Here is a bit of my story- I had the blood work done once or twice and it always came back negative. My Rheumatologist didn't want to put me through the biopsy but said I should try the diet. His daughter and brother in law are celiacs so he knows what it is all about. I didn't want to go on the restrictive diet without proof that I should. Eventually I discovered Enterolab and Rheumy reluctantly left me try it. The results came back as a weak positve and I started the diet shortly afterwards. It took a good two months for me to know there was no turning back. A little over nine months after starting I still can't believe the wonderful differance in my life and health.

My two cents? And that is all it is really worth. Skip the other testing and try the diet. Some people feel better within the first week, while others like me, need to give it a month or two. I second guessed my results in the beginning but not anymore.

Hope this helps!
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote