View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 08:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofast2drive View Post
Hello all i am new here and i live in a life of pain
i have had my back worked on 3 times my right leg 10 times and left leg 1 time

what meds i take i am on methadone for yrs 5 now and percocet for 7 yrs i use it now for BT pain now
and i take valium and zanflex

well i am wanting to get off the methadone and my pain doc has given me Kadian that's is moephine

anyone ever do this and what works better the mothadone or the morphine

with the methadone it's not helping much anymore and i do not get sleepy from it at all i take it 4 timers aday at 10MG pills

the kadian is 20mg i will be taking 2 aday

and anyone that had had taken methadone for a long time did you hert from not taking it anymore or will i be ok with the new meds i take i am scerd i will crash from not taking the mothadone

any and all info would be good

Thanks Rich
The VA has me on Methadosne and has just increased the doseage from 10mg a day to 15 for onw week then 20mg a day also I am dtill taking Perocet for brreakthrough pain I have osteoarthritis in my hip and my back. Thw main problem seems to be in my back I am also recovering from a brain Injury sfter I had brain tumor surjery in june 2003 I am 100% disabled and on SSDI they do not expect me to be able to return to work I just saw my Nero Doctor recently and she orderd a MRI/MRA done again I had one done over a year ago and I sometimes get dizzy and have balance problems, I just got up this morning and I am in pain I just took my morning medications and my Perocet 2 Now I cannot drive for at least 4 to 6 hours or the time period between doses. That is the main problem that has kept me at home is that if I want to go somewhere i have to plan to do it now after lunch and thats really no problem because I only have top pick up a few things today at the grocery store. But on other days when the pain is worse I have to stay on the medications all day.Im single and I have a female roommate who is my best friend she helps me and I dont have any social life to speak of now just the AAmate has to drive me meetings I go to and most of the tiome my roommate has to drive me to those. I will have 2 years sober at the end of the month so as you can see I have a lot of issues going on at the same time.And I am working with my treatment team at the VA my primary care Doctor, My Nero Doctor. The VA Pain Clinic,My Case Manager at the MISA program which is for Veterans witha Mental Illiness / Substance Abuse Problem, so its all of them working together for a solution I also called the county here about a abuse conseling program that the VA does not offer in a enviroment I would be comfortable in. I also have to complete a sleep study for sleep Apnea and the Pain Clinic are scheduling a fluro procedure injection in feburary of next year. and thats about all for right now whew!
frankduff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote