View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Also, check out the LizaJane spread sheets to make sure you have had the tests done that are on there.....remember, no doc is going to just submit you to a huge battery of tests all at once. This takes time...

Also, don't attribute the heart racing to emotional symtoms too quickly...you will find that docs may be willing to write that symptom off as emotional way too quickly and then diagnositic tests become more of a battle.

You may be having emotional distress due to neurological imbalances, and you may be having emotional distress due to the diagnosis, or you may have dysautonomia which can result from small fiber dysfunction. Dysautonomia can feel emotional.

Small fiber neuropathy can cause autonomic neuropathy which causes havoc with blood pressure and heart rates. A sleep study might be helpful as your symptoms seem to come on at night. I would be very curious to see what that yields.

I personally do not believe in medicating symptoms until you have found a cause, or at least ruled out causes and have no choice but to medicate symptoms. Others may disagree.

There are disease entities out there in which some drugs are absoulute contraindications. Besides looking at the spread sheets and neuro.wustl site explore your family history....not just immediate family, but out to second cousins etc.

One of the mainstays out there, amitriptyline is contraindicated in my type of neuropathy, so are SSRIs. Take time and find out what is going on, and also, some of this stuff comes and goes....and many of us here on this forum have lived with this for decades, and we are still kicking. Hang in there.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote