View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 06:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Help with swelling?

Hi Friends,

Went to my theropy appointments today for my arm and neck. It appears that my arm is an inch bigger. The fingers on both my hands are red and swollen. My leg still swollen, we didn't measure it but it definately looks bigger to me.

I read some posts here (thanx everyone) to try stockings on the swollen limb. The O/T gave me one when I told her what I read here. I hope it works, but why am I swollen in so many places? I guess this is common. Will my parts ever be normal again? Does that ever happen? I'm just confused, scared.

I've been feeling so much better lately, maybe because I didn't sleep well these past few nights is why I'm feeling some burning again.

I've already tried the Epsom Salt baths...should I have them daily?
I'm elevating my arm and legs at night and if I wake up in new positions I fix myself to be elevated again.

Any tips you could be uselful. Maybe there is a thread that I havent read, but I really doubt it!

Ive been following all your good advice! Like the pain clinic, which the receptionist STILL hasnt scheduled for me. (I called her today) She promised she would "try to get to it today". I nicely asked her to please make sure it is done as my limps are getting bigger and I need some relief some way to help minimize the size.

I'm really scared, please help.