Thread: New member...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 11:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much for the replys and kind words everyone.
I just got through setting up with my Dad last night after a bad reaction to some meds they were giving him after surgery. He thought the aliens had landed. He was afraid he'd had a stroke and I was too when I talked to him. So this morning I learned a new word, Hospitle Psychosis. I'm bringing him home tomorrow and that will help I know.
I'm so glad I finaly posted here, lurked about on and off for a while. Things would level back out and I would loose the address. Now I'm wondering why I waited so long. I've seen these websites that say they can tell you exactly what to say to someone to stop a BP episode and such ..... how to do this and that and just send X-amount of $$ .... well I hope I'm more intelegent than that, but some times you can get so desperate that it almost sounds like the thing to do. I guess perhaps there is probably something to such claims. Some times when the wife starts into a down cycle I can tell by the phrases she will use and if I catch it just right and say "you're not going to start that again are you" with a very calm and straight face and just go on about my business she will snap out of it. But this does not always work. Or if I'm having a bad day and don't realise what she's doing then I can just as easily say the wrong thing and unintentionaly set her off. Is that making any sense? I've read everything I can get my hands on almost. The problem is she won't read. She says if she reads it just make her go to sleep.
Mrs. Bear you are so right, I realy do love her very much. I am amazed that I've never considered going to therapy myself because to be truthfull there are times I've wondered about my own sanity durring these episodes. It can be more than just a little rough sometimes.
Mollymcn thank you for that insight and the reference, I'm pretty sure I've seen that book in our library down south. The little town we winter in has a very large population of snow birds every winter. They utulize the public library and also donate quite a few books too.