View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Fogger,

I read your comment that your doctor didn't think a skin biopsy test was reliable and I just scratched my head since that was the main test my doctor used to confirm my peripheral neuropathy. He didn't have the test three years ago, when I first saw him, so maybe your doctor is operating off of old info. Or maybe there are less reliable skin biopsy tests out there -- my doc said that this lab (Therapath) was one of the only labs that did this test using their particular methodology.

If you can get it printed it out and give it to him, you can find an example of the pathology that they're looking at by going to Therapath dot com, click on 'For Physicians' and then 'Interpretation of Results'. (The board software doesn't trust me to post links yet.) You can find some abstracts on the research (though they all involve relatively small groups of people) by then clicking on 'Abstracts'.

With your symptoms, I also wouldn't be too eager to assume its an anxiety reaction to the SFSN. It could be, but it could also be due to some other cause, or a reaction to one of the medications you're on. You might ask about switching meds, or going off them for a period of time if you can stand it. The sleep study idea is good, too.

Hang in there, having your sleep interrupted like that sounds so uncomfortable!
nilram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote