Thread: New Laptop
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It arrived . I've never seen or felt one like it before. It's shiney and feels like marble. The thing is just gorgeous!

Aside from aesthetics: Not a single prob. with the computer itself, so far.

I've only had one minor setback, but it relates to Broadband; the new 'puter needs a different version PC card than the one currently used for my older HP. Because the contract doesn't expire until early Summer '09, the provider wants me to sign a new two-year contract, and, in Summer '09 do a different one. . Makes absolutely no sense, unless the provider also plans to pro-rate or rebate some for the time remaining on the current contract. Haggle time . But... I'll have it all worked out by the weekend.

As far a installing, etc., on Vista (Premium), I've not run into any hangups with installing programs.

A minor drawback with the new 'puter is: The minimal amt. of hardcopy reference material provided (in its companion packaging). I usually like to read about the 'puter, etc., prior to first-time booting.

The machine also is having a difficult time "reading" my fingerprint (a security option) when I scan it. But, that's not "unqiue" to the machine; I've run into the same thing at DMV. (And, yes, I do have fingerprints .)

A nice feature, which helps balance everything out: The 'puter is basically plug-in-play; just insert the battery and connect the adapter and it's ready to boot.

Overall, so far, I'm happy with the new 'puter. I've not had much time, yet, though to also "play" with it a great deal. I need the new PC card (for updating anti-virus) and don't want to use it much on dial-in.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote