View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, guys--

--for listing that link and for describing the evoked potential testing.

I would have come on to try myself, but have had a very hard time getting to the computer lately. Not neuropathy related-- three weeks ago I tore the trapezius muscle, and probably at least one of the rhomboids, in my right shoulder weightlifting. (Wasn't heavy weights, but high reps--and I ignored the original twinges until I really did a number on it.)

The pain's been pretty bad, and the stiffness problematic. Much of the time I resemble a question mark. Physiatrist discussed surgery, but I can't afford to be flat on my back (which hurts anyway) for any length of time--we're right in the middle of heavy test prep season--so we've been going conservative with PT (TENS, ultrsound, myofascial massage, gentle stretches). Still find it very hard to sit in the arms perpendicular typing position for any length of time--really pressures the whole area I've made a number of adjustments to the chair and desk in my workspace to try to help.

Probably looking at a 6-8 week healing process, at least. Meantime, I'm not exercising except for some walking and the stretching, and I feel like a fat lump (sigh). Not enough endorphins.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote