View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tcm

My husband John just started TCM two weeks ago. He's doing acupuncture twice a week and herbs daily. I actually brew the dried herbs daily. It's a bunch of dried twig, seeds, flowers, fruits and roots. The formula changes as needed. John's original reason for trying TCM was to see if he can get his hormones working again. But as you know, TCM is holistic so his doctor is working on restoring his blood counts/bone marrow function as well.

He too has told us that for John's condition, herbs are necessary.

We lucked out and found a TCM doctor who studied in China under a doctor who successfully treated patients with Aplastic Anemia (john's first problem) with TCM and western medicine. We are also fortunate that this doctor is trained in western medicine so he understands all the lab tests.

He mentioned that it would take at least 12 treatments to affect the PN.

So we will take this one month at time and see how it goes. So far, John has more energy, his inflammation is down and his nausea has resolved.

If he gets any relief from the PN, I will post it.

I too was worried about the contamination of herbs but I'm not as worried since I'm working with the whole herb and not a pill. Have to take a leap of faith sometimes.

Marlene
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote