View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Unhappy For those who remember Karolina... loss

This thread should possibly carry the trigger icon, but it somehow feels, disrespectful, indelicate, for me to use it, for what i have to say. I prefer to warn readers thus, here, that ... I am the bearer of sad sad news, possibly very upsetting.

Just to refresh memories, Karolina used to post at BT - 2003 about. She had had lifelong depression and was dx'd bipolar when Paxil gave her a manic switch...

I don't know if you remember she also had a son, Juan, twenties, who was in a group-home. His diagnosis was unclear... but seemed a full dual dx of bipolar+schizophrenia. When Juan had to leave this home Karolina set him up in a really good (it seemed) inpatient rehab community.

After the maximum stay, Juan had to leave the community after the maximum stay. The docs discharged him with med scripts. He was taking clozaril.

On October 29, Juan passed away in his sleep.

He was staying with Karolina and his siblings were also there. The cause of death appears to be a heart attack, but there is a possible relationship to the clozaril. This is still being investigated.

Karolina is beyond destroyed, as she administered the clozaril and feels she could have prevented it. That feeling, in one way or another, especially for a mother i think would be common. But she is going through a terrible terrible time.

She did not ask me to share this, but i am personally touched, and i thought some of you might remember and care about her.

i learned from Juan's experiences and difficulties... tho we had never met or talked on internet or anything, i felt a link to Juan. i am so sad he is gone.

~ waves ~ so sadly ...