View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

This is how I look at it. Alan has lived with the PN pain for 18 years, even having to go on the fentanyl pain patch for a year, about 5 years ago.

Whatever pain he has from this tendon thing, (and I'm assuming it will hurt), well, as he puts it, it can't be as bad as what he went through 5 years ago when he had to go on 125 of the fentanyl. We had a friend with lung cancer who was on only 100 of the fentanyl patch at the same time Alan was on the patch. That's how bad his PN was 5 years ago.

So I gather, that once a person has tendon surgery (with or without PN as an additional factor), I gather they will be providing him with percocet, or some such narcotic until he no longer needs it.

When Alan had the bunion surgery, they kept telling him "this is no walk in the park, you don't know how painful bunion surgery is, etc. ".

He felt absolutely nothing, and never even took a tylenol.

So I gather the real pain, or discomfort he will feel from this surgery has to do with tendon. What exactly do they do when they extend the muscle??

And does he have to go for any type of PT afterwards. I wish he had asked these questions. I mean, we certainly have time until this happens, but I like to have answers and be informed before going into strange territory.

I do wish he had kept this appointment when we first made it way back a few months ago. He would have had the surgery already and would have been on the road to recovery.

But he's stubborn. But, better late than never.

Thanks to you all.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote