Thread: Merry Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Roxie.

You gotta hand it to technology. How else can so many people see each other at the same time, start chatting away, and do it live. Kind of like the old version of video-phones. Remember, years back when they tried to make video-phones, only the video part was so choppy, it never really took off. Maybe the super rich have it, but not the everyday people.

Well, the everyday people now have their own tools. The webcam.

My friend's son (who was adopted), just learned he has a sister in Poland. I wish I could have been in that house when he turned on HIS webcam, and she turned on HER webcam, and in 3 seconds or less, a brother and a sister, who recently never knew the other even existed, well now they are actually seeing each other. I think this is a miracle, I really do.

Now I have friends with computers and webcame and they won't go near them. Don't ask me why, I think they think if they touch the computer, it's going to explode or something. And these are people younger than I am.

I embrace technology. It doesn't rule me. I simply use it as a tool.

I am now learning to upload to youtube. I am learning to convert my video files into youtube friendly files.

Now that's a statement I never thought I would be posting on a message board. But hey! this is 2007.

Got to role with the times!!!!

I bet within 5 years (and I told this to Alan last night), we'll all be wearing rings with built in telephones. We'll put the ring to our mouth and start talking into it.

MAYBE SOMEONE WILL BE ANSWERING!!!!

ET PHONE HOME!!!!! lolololol

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote