Thread: Chiarian Tips
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Just found out 13 year old son has CIM

Morningbroken, I just found out this past Friday that my son has CIM. Actually he suffers from PRP which is a rare skin condition. His derma found the CIM because he was testing him for a spinal disease that the medication causes. I have not spoken to a surgeon. We are schedule to see one on Dec. 31. The information I have collected is that he will not have surgery because he is not having any signs. He does have headaches, his vision has decreased in the past year, for about two years he has complained about his knees, ankles, and bottom of his feet hurting. He admitted to me last night that he does have dizzy spells. Do you think these are all signs. The information I have found explains many signs and these are a few. I am so aggravated about the whole process but have spent the entire week trying to find out as much information as possible.

Another issue is for four years I have been having headaches, dizzy spells to the point of black outs, legs ache and feel like jello at times. I even feel like I am going to fall because they are so weak and hurt so bad that I have too stop and take the weight off of my legs for it to ease up. Over the last three months the pain in the legs has started keeping me up at night. I ache so bad through the night I cannot sleep. I have had trouble sleeping for years but it is now getting worse. My doctor recently ran exrays on my lower back and found a mass. He sent me for a CT and it showed nothing. They called me yesterday and had made the decsion to send to a neurologists. Once I told them about my son, now they have decided to do a MRI of my C spine. I feel stupid for them thinking I could have it also. I did not feel this way until four years ago which at that time I had the castro-bypass. I really feel that the surgery and losing so much weight has caused the problems I am having. I was extremely active in school and never had any problems. I feel stupid for the doctor wanting to check for CIM but I also read on the internet where a daughter was showing the same signs as her father and come to find out they both had CIM. I just wondered if you were willing to give me a little advice. I am going nuts, and cannot get any answers until we go to the doctor for my son.
TH2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote