View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi. I went through all the steps that you said to go through. I have always been able to open up attachments.

In outlook express, I would go to the subject thing, and there would be a little thing to the left of the subject, which I would double click on, and then it would prompt me to Open or to Save to Disc. I would always choose Open.

Then it would give me various methods to open with. Now, for some reason, it prompts me to open EVERYTHING with Wordpad. Now how stupid is that?? If it's an image or something, of course Wordpad can't open this. It's usually a bunch of code up on the screen.

I tried opening it up in Paint, in all the other options. After a while it doesn't let me open up anything.

I even went back to Verizon mail (where all my mail goes first). I know this guy and he sent me an email with an attachment.

It prompted me to "download the attachment". I did. Then it gave me (on the left side of my screen), the prompt to "Open it". I clicked on Open. And nothing happened.

I'm going a bit crazy. I mean, it's not the most serious thing in the world, but I'd like to not go nuts over this.

I'm not computer illiterate by any means, but I'm not a techno savvy person like many of the younger ones are today. I know people in their 40's (who do not own, nor will they go near a computer) who look at me incredously and they go: "you know how to use a computer???"

sigh!!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote