View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with the above poster. Often times it takes multi disciplined approach and mutiple medications to make a dent in this difficult problem.

I know a common combination is taking a tricyclic antidepressant (like Elavil) together an anticonvulsant (like Topamax). Throw in following an all natural diet and some vitamin supplementation...well you might get improvement.

Some supplements that can be of help include the B Vitamins, Co-Q10, Calcium and Magnesium.

Certainly relaxation can be helpful. Biofeedback can help. Seeing a therapist if a person is suffering from depression or anxiety might be of some help. Getting massages to release excessive tension could be of some help. Moderate exercise...all of some help.

It really takes diligence and hard work and even then there are no guarantees.
However, the way I see it...and I'm speaking from experience...'cause I have had lots of heartache with migraine, what choice do we have but to work very hard and do what we need to do to get some improvement? I have found that each little thing I do seems to bring a tiny bit of improvement and I will take what I can get.

Keep seeking answers and make sure you have a good physician (preferably a neurologist with an interest in the subject) in your corner.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote