Thread: another...
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 06:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks all...

for your concern... and prayers....

I trying to write between laying down (with headaches, fatigue, pain & other stuff) so hope this makes sense....

All that "familiar" stuff is back w/ a venegance.... my last BIG TBI occured last DEC. --but sometings seem worse. EMotional --crying , anger, irritable, and more ... hard to express. Most of time I don't know what I"m doing or saying....

My father did call 911 after I fell , when I didn't respond . When EMT came, they ckecked me out, suspected conccussion & wanted me to go to ER. I refused ... my last experience was taken to a Trauma unit 50 miles away, rather than local ER--even drs/med pros asked why did they bring you here?
seems some protocal ( coz of my Hx of head injurys, TBI, etc) they did no more & much slower that interventions at local hospital (trauma unit was very busy dealing w/ gunshots, knife & such traumas so I got to wait in pain till finally was given someting & released) Then had to find a ride back home

Perhaps it was not smatest thing to do, but I know the drill from going to ER so often since I do fall so much. I do know, feel when somethings are not right that should be checked out professionally.

If anything feels worse I will call my DR or 911 and go in to be checked.
Last year it took 3 days till the major affects of the injury hit and I did go to ER.

Today is day 3 so will see. I've been sleeping a lot during day, wake thru nite w/ pain.

I do have friends who are taking care of my father but I still have to oversee his care, since I'm the one who knows as long time primary carer.

I am going to call Brain Injury Program & update them --see if there is anything they can or will offer now.

I will update.....

again, thanks all for your concern & prayers...
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote