View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Megan,

I am one of those people with both Fibro and PN. Evidently, the PN caused the Fibro, but really I am not sure the docs really know. I of course have the fatigue, but again is it the condition or the meds. Hard to know. Right now I am doing fairly well, but I am taking too much medicene for my liking. I take Neurontin, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Tramadol and 25 milligrams of Topamax at bedtime. Actually, I can't believe I can function, let alone work. I work full time and am active with my 13 yr old daughter. I exercise at least 4 times a week. I have gained 50 pounds though. I know frightening. It was the Lyrica, but unfortunately that medicene provided so much pain relief that I made the decision that I could live with being chubby. I was very skinny to begin with. Now though, my doc has added Topamax to see if it will conteract the weight gain. It supposedly can cause weight lose. If it works, he will take away the neurontin. Lets hope it does.

Anyhow, keep fighting and never feel like any question is too stupid to ask your doctors. That is why I am doing as well as I am. I keep asking and asking. I question everything. Don't give up. And yes, there are still days I just cry. This hit me at 42 yrs old - 2 and half yrs ago. The fight can be exhausting, but it is well worth it.

Laurie
Laurie43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote