View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username View Post
Mike, do you think your surgery would have been as successful if you'd just had a laminectomy done? I'm scheduled for a L4-S1 laminectomy in November. At L1 and L3 I have a herniated disc flattening the thecal sac, centrally. At L4, L5 my foramen and ligament are pinching off my exiting nerve rooots causing severe pain in my legs. We have opted to leave the disc part alone for now and just take care of the nerves. As little intervention as needed. What do you think about this? I'm asking because I believe I can get better to and I'm not wiling to give up just yet.

Thanks,

Username
Hey mate, i couldn't say for sure if i had just had that type of op and not the fusion, but i did tell the surgeon that i wanted to only do this once, so lets do it right the first time and this is the path he suggested to me, i just had to trust his judgment on my situation, i'm no surgeon so i can't really comment on yours, but if you want something less intrusive to your body than this sounds like the way to go, i hope it works and if it doesn't then don't give up mate! , stick with it, trust your surgeon, maybe you could ask this surgeon how many times has this type of surgery been successful for this type of problem ??...for the ones that it didn't fix, what happened to them ??...did they then have a fusion to fix it ??.., thats proberly what i would ask if i was in your shoes mate ..all the best and let me know how it goes ok ??...

Michael
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)