View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 02:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlena View Post
I am looking for some help as well. I pinched something during labor with child number three and I was ok up until now. In April 2007 my sciatica pain became so great that I gave up running an decided to take some time off to let it heal. Well in August while getting up water-skiing in a shallow lake the fin on the back dragged in the muck and my hips popped forward creating so much pain that I could not walk for over a week. I went to the ER and CT Scan showed mild diffuse disk bulging at L4-L5 and moderate right sided disk protrusion at L5-S1 that contacts right S1 nerve root. Driving a car hurts the most and I am not running at all which is really depressing me. I have been in great shape most of my life and compete in triathlons and I am going nuts not being able to do anything without feeling imense pain all the time. Have you tried anything called the Invertac, and did that help anyone. I am very leery about surgery and not sure if I need it. Oh, and our insurance sucks. I don't have anything that covers any of my back costs.

Desperatly seeking the old me.
Hey Mate, your situation sounds very similar to mine...a progressive loss of quality of life till i reach a point where i felt useless and in constant pain and would get depressed to the point of suicide thoughts, it was that point that drove me to go see the surgeon , i explained to him how i felt and that i didn't want those horrible thoughts in my head anymore. It was slowly over 10 years that i reached that point and i tried everything under the sun during that 10 years that i could find to fix it before opting for surgery and i have to say surgery is the only thing that worked, it was like taking a sledgehammer to the problem, but it fixed it and i cannot deny that....i to water ski and i'm back doing that now ...wouldn't dream of doing it 18 months ago...i never tried Invertac sorry...hope that helps mate

Michael
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)