Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Lightbulb yippeeee

Happy Winter Solstice everyone!

my time that will be Dec. 22, 7pm, 6 hrs ahead of EST

Thank Goodness. I like having more daylight for other people to be doing their stuff and out of my way heh heh. no seriously. the light helps me "stay with the world's pace" also... a bit better... in spring i start to wake with the sun. that is if i am not depressed.

ironically, spring seems to be my highest risk period for depression onset. if i am depressed in general i am up during the night and go to bed with the sun or a bit later.

But, i am a night owl. It feels innate, but perhaps it is learned from childhood family patterns. but i love the dark. i used to take walks alone. some apprehension. one place i lived there was a cat who would join me ... trot along, stop back for a bug chase, catch up, lol... yet not a cuddly cat AT ALL. she was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberowendy2000 View Post
Dang it! I like it dark. Yeah I know I am weird. There is something about the dark that is comforting to me. The sun just makes my rosacea and BP go all nutty! Haven't quite figured out the reason for the BP yet though but I know when there are major season changes I have to changed my depakote dosages.
Dear Wendy,
Season changes in general don't seem to correlate with my episodes, except somewhat spring as i said. some of my episodes span seasons. your observation on depakote is very valuable to me as that has been one of my meds for years, will keep that in mind in my therapy.

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 12-22-2007 at 01:41 AM.