Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 07:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anxiety

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]One of my first questions to everyone is how many of you experience severe anxiety prior to your szs. I have been on the dilantin for a month, and have yet to get my levels checked, hopefully i will on the 3rd of Jan. but in the last week, in the evenings typically about 4 pm, I start experiencing severe anxiety, worse than I have ever experienced in my life..It almost brings me to tears, and I feel like I just want to climb out of my skin...my thoughts are racing and I need complete silence just to feel some kind of normal. My kids get home around this time typically, and yes I have six, but I have always been able to deal with them much better than I have the past couple weeks. I have noticed since i my last szs and starting the dilantin, that going into stores or anywhere that I might become over stimulated causes some anxiety.

Next question is this, I had six grand mal szs, that were back to back and I had to smaller ones immediately prior to the gran mal....they were on the verge of intubation in the er when they finally came under control. Would that qualify as status elipticus???

I am still having a heck of a time with doctors, but hopefully it will get better soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and all my wishes for a safe, happy and healthy 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/
[/FONT]LEFT][/FONT]

If I had to have a tumor this one is the best kind!!!
mamaof6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote