Thread: Hello Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ellena, sorry your job sucks. I lucked out b/c at my work they HAVE to hold your job for 6 months. Most places it is 12 weeks. But then the vice president knows me and said she would hold it as long as needed. So that is the only reason I still have a job. The sad thing is, I hate this company. I've been here 10 years and I don't like it. So I feel like I should love them for holding it for me, but I can't help but still hate them a bit for other reasons! LOL But right now, I admit I am grateful I didn't have to stay on disability longer and do the new job thing.
About the surgeon. Here's the deal why I "want" to go back to him. When I was all messed up and couldn't walk and stuff he wanted an MRI to see if I had had a stroke. Well, the report came back saying it was normal. He, the surgeon, read the CD and found the damage in two images. So if it weren't for him, I would be going insane as to why I'm so messed up on the right side. My regular neuro would have gotten just the report saying I was fine.
I spoke to my neuro this week and she wants me to go back just to at least tell him I am not a success and to have him read the film.
Joe would definately go with me...so that's not a big deal. My parents would come if I let them but I'm afraid of what they would do or say! LOL
The MVD helped the shooting pains in my TN, however, the atypical pains have been back. I still have the Occipital neuralgia from the second surgery, and have gotten a ton of nerve blocks. The first few helped a bit, but then seemed to stop. I may go for another one in a few weeks.
My walking is better. I am about 80% where I was before...which kinda sucks if you think about it. Yeah it is better, but it should never have happened in the first place.
I am currently working hard on losing the steriod weight. I gained about 45 lbs (and I wasn't big to begin with!) in 6 weeks and lost about 27. It's tough b/c I can't exercise like I could before, so it is slower.
And someday, I'll be ready for a baby! (The real reason I went in for the MVD in the first place!) Even if the baby has to enjoy Keppra while in utero! LOL
Hey, has Lexapro ever helped nerve pain? My whole family is on it for other reasons. I just read that Welbuterin is being studied for nerve pain, so that is good. The more drug choices the better I always say!
Sorry so long, but I'm at work, so I got time!
stefanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote