View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default can PN mimic a TIA (transient ischemic attack)

This is a short version of a very detailed post that this system ate. After I spent all that time stating all the test and details - it said I was not logged in and I was and the entire post was gone.

On Dec 10th I had a stroke - since I eventually recovered they changed it to a TIA. Even after the MRI showed damage. I had the left arm go numb and weak - the mouth drooped and my speech was slurred. By nine hours later all had cleared. Smile was back to even and the remaining weakness was gone. Much of the numbness/weakness was gone in under 15 minutes - the remaining 10% was gone by 9 hours in.

I had all the testing CT - MRI - and many others - the MRI showed some damage but even tho the word acute was said - I am not so sure that was not showing from 1998 when I died (no one knows how long I was dead) and there was no MRI back then.

Anyway the only test that I did not have yet was the echocardiogram (the the person that gives that test took off for some reason). But most of the Drs don't think that one will show anything either since my heart shows nothing wrong (and never has even thou they say I died from a heart attack in 98). The neck part of the MRI (different name) also showed nothing wrong with the neck arteries (carotid).

Two days later WAM - one of the fingers on my left hand (same left side) went numb - got better and a different one went numb - that one got better as a yet different finger we numb (bad bad serious numb). I panicked and my step daughters came and took me back to the hospital. But all the symptoms were long gone before anyone saw me.

Then just while ago WHAM - first joint out on my first finger (left hand) went seriously numb - bad bad bad numb. While that was going on my thumb (same hand) started to go numb - that cleared up then the finger cleared up.

My PN was tested and shows worse on my left side. All these "attacks" have been on my left arm/fingers/side of my face/mouth.

I also had Bells Palsy on the left side of my face several years ago - that went away in about 5 days.

I am on the computer 18 hours a day - I get some minor numbness that comes and goes around my hands and face - it is very minor. These three attacks were nothing like that.

Again - the first tone one Dec 10th was much stronger - had the droop in my mouth - speech etc. Neither the 2nd and now 3rd one had any of that - just the bad bad (almost instant) weakness in one or more of the fingers and moved around some before it went away.

I realize it is wishfull thinking that the 2nd two could be PN related and not AITs. But I live alone and this junk is scaring me. If I have actually had three AITs in under two weeks ...... I can't help but think a big bad stroke is on its way. And since they can't seem to see a cause ............. ugg.

There was much more detail in the first attempted post. All of the pretty extensive testing pointed to .......... nothing - no apparent cause. The one test that I did not have yet - most doubt it shows anything either - but something must be causing clots of some kind.

Anyone think any of this can have anything to do with my PN?

Thanks
Ron9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote