Thread: Chiarian Tips
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Morningbroken, how long did you know that you had CM before you had surgery. My son does not seem to have symptoms daily but he gets upset when I try to get him to talk about it. He is more than willing to make jokes for instance he will say I have a saggy brain. I do not like this but if it is his way of dealing with the issue I would rather him make jokes than be depressed. His derma said he would not have to have surgery but if he does not have surgery I wonder if it will just continue to progress and get worse. I will worry about every move he makes.

My son is also involved in many different sports. He loves football and lifting weights. He has currently had to stop all physical activity until we see a NS. Just for advice, do you think he will be able to continue playing football or lifting weights, if he does not have surgery and after surgery if he has to eventually have surgery. I read that riding a bike, or just falling, blow to the head could make symptoms worse. Sports is all he has every known. He plays football in the fall, basketball in the winter, and baseball in the spring and summer. Like I said playing sports is all he has every known and has been playing these sports since he was 5. He hates that he has had to stop everything and I caught him riding a scooter today and seem him try to jump a curb and fell. I was very upset with him and he got very upset with me because of the way I reacted.

Thanks for your comments, I am willing to listen to any advice you are willing to give because I do not know anything about it.
TH2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote