View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Getting all the right tests for Adrenal Exhuastion?

Posted a bit about having flu in earlier thread (got it a couple weeks ago, ran high fever for about a week and still completely exhuasted and worn out from it) - but have been doing some research on adrenal exhuastion - bloodwork I had done just before I got the flu showed high cortisol (kinda way high) - low thyroid function - monocytes high - liver function off - .... when I had those tests done I had been feeling way more tired then normal for about a month - this following a couple months of extreme stress - both emotional and physical (the physical being 11 doc appts in one month - (some of these dental which included two root canals and finally a 3 1/2 hour dental visit that was really traumatic and left me shaking for a couple of days)...

I know with my auto-immune PN - I have very limited reserves of energy and figured had just overdone it... but I'm not getting better - and just had more routine bloodwork done (CBC and Metb Panel) that I wont know results of until I see doc next Thurs... this doc has not seen the first set of tests....

Question - I think without a doubt I have thyroid or adrenal problems - I've always been hypoglycemic - low blood pressure - low body temp - dizziness - just now everything is extreme, the slightest exertion I'm completely physically exhausted to the point of even sitting up for any period of time is out..... next week see new doc I've seen once before - and seems very intersted in my case...... I'm going to take the tests done just before I started seeing him, he'll have the routine panels he just ordered and also results of abd CT he had me get, and ask him what he thinks of the while picture - does anyone else have these issues and what specific type tests should be done to further pursue this? (Mrs D - you had mentioned mono - but I never got a sore throat with this "flu" at all - do you think that its still worth asking about?)

Want to be sure all my bases are covered...... thanks....

Last edited by BEGLET; 12-22-2007 at 01:53 AM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote