View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 01:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tam,

This could very likely be connected to the RSD - many of the sx such as cold hands/feet, changing color, abnormal sweating, low/high blood pressure and much more are due to dysfunction within the nervous system, both the autonomic, which regulates things like temperatures and pressure, mostly processes we are not usually aware of, and a second system, which I can't remember the name of at the moment - not peripheral, though.

It sounds as though the RSD may be hitting your autonomic system harder than the other - maybe because you are confined to bed so much and pretty inactive. If you were up and around more the RSD might follow a more typical pattern. Just my guess though, I'm no Dr.!

RSDHope.org, rsda.org and the international RSD Foundation all have excellent sites with in-depth information on RSD and it's many facets. If these links don't work, google RSD support or RSD research or similar and you will find them (and others) but these are among the very best.

Best wishes - and good for you for pursuing this! Can we all say "patient neglect"???

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (02-07-2009)