View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc60752 View Post
All,

Newbie here...looking for support.

I'm scared to death about going under getting the surgery done. It's not the pain that scares me...it is the thought of going under and never waking up. I have a wife and two kids under 2 years of age and it is unbearable to think of the three of them without me. This is the only road block to me being cut on and I know the chance of it happening is slim but just the fact that the chance is there is almost too much for me to bear. I know it comes down to doing it but I'm curious if anyone else had/haves a barrier to surgery such and this and how is was/is dealt with.

FYI..I'm in 30 years old, not overweight, and in excellent health other than the back issues.
Hey Bro, read my story , i know it will help help you , i was 31 when i went in for this operation, i'm very similar to you, you will be fine mate!. Have a read and let me know, part of the reason i did this also is i want to be able to play with my kids (when i have some one day that is) i don't want to sit on the side lines and watch them....i'm sure you want the same thing...

read it http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread15857.html

Cheers
Michael
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote