View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Nope, Nothing Works Now!!!

So I'm going to do a system restore. (not that I think it's going to do anything).

I may not ever be able to open up an attachment again.

I hesitate to call Verizon tech. (only because I can't open anything in my verizon email (attachments I mean), so they would have to help me.

Have you ever tried to call tech support? Most of them are located in India. They don't speak english that well.

Once I had to call them and I wound up telling the guy how to fix the problem and after I thanked him he said "why thank me?? you did all the work, and we both laughed".

Oh my god, if I have to do the tech thing again I'll go crazy.

I could call my genius tech savvy son, but I really don't want to go that route. He just makes my neuropathy worse. We only have a computer related relationship. He could be laying down on his bed imagining being in front of the computer, and he could fix my problem in five minutes.

I once called him (long time ago) because I was having some difficulty with Windows. I said 'are you in front of your computer? " and he said "nah, don't need to be"

He asked me "what is in front of you". I said "my desktop" he then proceeded to tell me , Go to start, pull up my computer, go to Window updates, press on this (then when I got to the point he was referencing), he continued, "now you should have this in front of you, blah blah, blah. One hour on the phone. About 50 steps. All from his head, while he was NOT AT THE COMPUTER.

To me, that's a genius mentality. Too bad he doesn' want to work. Think of the tech support he could be giving people.

So I'll just do a system restore and we shall see. Will update later on.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote