View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My PN initially presented and was diagnosed as a TIA---BUT it was nothing like YOU have experienced. I did not have a TIA, my brain was normal....the numbness of PN is not as severe or extensive as you experienced....

also even if you have PN you can't write it off as PN....you still have to go in to the ER...people with PN can also get strokes. A stroke is a major medical emergency.

The best thing you can do is to start to develop a relationship with a local primary care provider if at all possible, and get to a research center....many of them are public institutions and do take people with little or no ability to pay.

Also, you can not be denied emergency care.

I assume you are too young for medicare....can you get some kind of medicaid?? You have a need for more diagnostics and management.

We so much need a universal health care system...no one should avoid going to the ER in an emergency.

18 hours per day at the computer is too long. I don't know what your situation is, are you ambulatory? Why so long at the computer? You put yourself at risk for a blood clot (DVT) being that stationary or sedentary, not to mention all the repetitive injury stuff. After you get this urgent situation managed...try to alter your lifestyle to get away from the darn screen.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote