View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking HI EVERYONE! Long Intro inside if you dare enter ;)

Hi. I'm from WI, 38 female. I have been having various health issues for years. Mostly mild until a few years ago. I'll make it short as I can. I was in a MVA at 12 - been going to chiropractor since then for various neck/back issues. Fast Forward to 32 when I had my son. That was the turning point for me when I really starting feeling extreme fatigue every day. I started having severe urinary incontinence to the point it was stress and also would just leak out on its own doing housework. I had prolapse of the bladder, urethra. When I went in to be examined, uro/gyn said I also had an enterocele and a rectocele. Soooooo, the surgery (Feb 06) I had was a burch retropubic urethropexy with mesh, A/P vaginal repairs, recto/enter and while he was "in there" I told him to tie my tubes. THAT, my new friends was a huge surgery. I had a huge incision on abdomen and two in buttocks. This took over a year to not hurt (incisional pain). He said it was neurogenic, whatever, I just lived with it as it finally did subside. About 3 months ago, I did not have stress incontinence, I just had "leaking incontinence". THEN, I started having various other symptoms which promted my GP to have me go see a neurologist to be checked for MS (Dec 07). Since 12/5, I have had a brain MRI, cervical and thoracic MRI (no lesions on any), I have had nerve conduction studies, a WHOLE LOTTA bloodwork - ALL NORMAL (other than the two herniated disks in my c-spine and 1 in my T-spine that right now are not causing any radiculapathy that I am aware of. So, I guess I am just perfect LOL! .

Oh, my symptoms, BURNING FEET. During my neuro exam I should note he did find any ankle reflexes (I haven't had those for a couple of years now!). I also had cold differences below knees than upper. And I had a balance issue (Romberg's). These things prompted my neuro to think I have some kind of neuropathy. He put me on Gabapentin. have been on it for 2 week snow and is not helping.

I got a letter in the mail today and he is now sending me for BAEP and SSEP (medial and tibial nerve something or another and Brain and Auditory Evoked Potentials). I guess if they are abnormal, it could mean a few things. Either puts me back in the possible MS category or it means I have some kind of neuropathy. I am SO confused.

My brain MRI was "essentially normal" said I had punctate areas of high signal intensity bilaterally in the centrum semiovale, probably representing virchow-robin spaces", which my NEURO says that is indeed what they are and do not represent plaques.

Oh boy, this is getting long. So, that's where I'm at. I go for all of this testing on the 28th and 31st, next week 4 hrs on the 28th and 4 hrs. on the 31st, then right after that I go for a LUMBAR MRI to make sure the disks have not progressed any worse than my last one in 05.

Oh, did I say MY SPINE IS A MESS??? Osteoarthritis diagnosed at age 34, what is up with that?

Ok, I'll leave it at this and write more later if anyone cares to respond to my post LOL !
want2bwell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote