Thread: Merry Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

The worst Christmas of my life was the one when my son was in Iraq. My heart goes out to any one with a loved one in the service especially in Iraq or Afghanistan, as it is so nerve wracking. My love, prayers and good thoughts to all of you.

The bravery and courage of, and sacrifice these folks make every day can not be understated.

I agree this is a war that should never have been, but these folks, men and women, young and even middle aged, are all heroes...and you know, none of them expects to be called a hero..they are just 'doing their jobs' as they call it. I hope they will all be home safely and soon...and I wish people could just somehow figure out how to live in peace....maybe someday.

My son said, "I don't choose my battles, I just fight them. That is my job and I will do it well." He did and he is home now, albeit a wounded vet, but a thankful and very happy man with what I hope will be a bright future, if we can keep jobs in this country.

We must never forget the sacrifice of the soldiers AND their families, from any war.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote