Old 12-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi there,
I am not sure if we have met before, anyway please let me introduce myself:
My name is Alison, I am 12 years old and I suffer from CRPS in my right arm and left leg.

I am so sorry about the problems you are having with your PM doctor, I know how you feel. My Physiotherapist is horrible, she believes that my CRPS is all in my head, I too am currently waiting for a referal to another hospital. Please can I tell you that CRPS IS NOT in your head, CRPS is physical nerve damage. Don't listen to anything that your PM doctor/physiotherapist etc says about CRPS being in your head, it is not.
If you don't agree with some of the things that your doctors saying to you, then please stick up for yourself. I went for months without saying anything to my doctors until one day I had enough and told them that I didn't like what they were saying to me, and I felt a lot better for it.

The reason that you may be seeing a Psychologist is to learn how to cope with the pain/depression etc. CRPS is NOT pyschological but it as Psychological eliments, for example you are depressed because you are in pain, you are angry because no one can make you better etc, etc. It IS hard to understand fully what CRPS is.

As for Pain medication, I am not sure what I can suggest because I haven't found any medication that helps to take my pain away. I have tried Lyrica, Baclofen, Amitriptyline (caused a nasty side effect of "Blurred vision"), Tramadol, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Gabapentin, etc etc.

How old are you? I hope you don't mind me asking, the reason I am asking is because most doctors don't like to give children strong pain killers. It must be really hard for you being allergic to vasodiolaters.

I hope I have helped you a bit, if you need anything I am always here
Wishing you a Pain free Christmas and a Happy new year
Love
Alison