Thread: Chiarian Tips
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Morningbroken, thanks so much for your advice. We go a week from tomorrow and I am trying not to be over protective. You are right it is very hard. My also loves and I stress the word loves to dance. I have even question whether or not he should be doing that.... I could see him growing up and making a living at doing so. He has moves that sometimes I wonder how he makes his body move like that. I really enjoy watching him and he enjoys entertaining people and making them laugh. However, today he was watching a football game and asked why didn't pro players wear mouth pieces and his father said they get paid for what they do and it is their choice. Next, my son said "when I play pro ball, I am going to wear a mouth piece because I am not going to take the chance of biting my tongue off." This comment was hard for me to take because football is such a rough sport that I figure from here on out it will be off limits. These comments are tear jerkers.

It is nice to hear that you are able to live a normal life after surgery. I am afraid they will not do surgery and he will get worse and I am also afraid of him having surgery. I do not think his symptoms are bad enough to have surgery right now. I ask myself if he will ever have to have surgery because part of me would rather him have surgery than to have to worry about the symptoms progressing. I feel horrible for saying so. Actually, I think I have more symptoms than he does and I haven't been diagnosed with it, but my symptoms have been around for 4 years so I do not think I have CM.

Thanks so much, you do not realize how much it helps the process of accepting that my son has CM. I was so unsure about CM and talking to you has help me understand so much. I will keep you informed and most likely will be asking more questions.

God Bless You and hope you have Merry Christmas,
Tina
TH2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote